Visa Categories

Visitor Visas

With a Visitor Visa you can visit friends and family and explore New Zealand for up to 9 months. A visitor visa holder can also enroll to study a short course in New Zealand for up to 3 months of your stay. You can include your partner and dependent children (19 years old and under) in your visitor visa application.


People from visa waiver countries can travel to New Zealand without a visa, provided they hold an NZeTA.

Partnership Visas

With a Partner Visa you can join your partner who is already in New Zealand, either on a visitor or a work visa.


Partner of a New Zealander Visitor or Work Visa

If your partner is a New Zaland citizen or resident, you may be able to visit or work in New Zealand for 1-2 years depending on how long you have been together.

Partner of a Worker Visitor or Work Visa

If your partner has a Work Visa, you may be able to visit or work in New Zealand for the same extent as their work visa.

Partner of a Student Visitor or Work Visa

If your partner holds a Student Visa, and supports your application, you may be able to visit or work in New Zealand for the same extent as their visa. Work visa permissions depend on the level of qualification your partner is studying towards.

Family Visas

Family visas allow parents, grandparents, and dependent children to come to New Zealand.


Dependent Child Resident Visa

If you are a New Zealand citizen or resident, you can apply to bring your children to live with you in New Zealand. This resident visa will allow them to live, study, and work in New Zealand.

Dependent Child Student Visa

If you hold an appropriate work or student visa, then you may apply for this visa in order to bring your dependent children to study in New Zealand at a primary or secondary school. The length of the child’s visa will be the same as the parent’s work/student visa.

Parent and Grandparent Visitor Visa

You can apply for a Parent or Grandparent Visitor visa if you have children or grandchildren who are New Zealand citizens or residents. This visitor visa allows you to travel to New Zealand for up to 6 months at a time, with a maximum total stay of 18 months over 3 years.

Parent Resident Visa

You can apply for permanent New Zealand residence, including for your partner, if you have a child who is a New Zealand citizen or resident who earns enough money and agrees to sponsor you.

Resident Visas

Resident visas allow you to live, work, and study in New Zealand permanently with rights to home ownership, voting, healthcare, and education. 


Straight to Residence Visa

You can apply for the Straight to Residence Visa if you work for, or hold a job offer from, an accredited employer and your occupation is in Tier 1 of the Green List.

Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa

The Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa is for people who have skills that contribute to and grow the New Zealand economy. 

Immigration New Zealand assesses expressions of interest using a points-based system made up by a combination of your occupation, qualifications, and length of time working in New Zealand.

Long Term Skill Shortage List Resident Visa 

You can apply for this visa if you have worked in New Zealand full-time for 2 or more years in an occupation listed on the Long Term Skill Shortage List

Note: The Long Term Skills Shortage pathway will be replaced by the new Green List, Tier 2, Work to Residence pathway. 

Work Visas

Temporary work visas, such as the Accredited Employer Work Visa (AEWV) allow you to work in New Zealand for up to 3 years. To apply for an AEWV you will need to have a valid job offer from an accredited New Zealand employer. CC Recruitment can help nominate you to potential employers to begin your journey to working in New Zealand.

Alternative temporary work visas, beyond AEWV, include the Recognised Seasonal Employer Limited Visa or the Special Work Visa.

Student Visas

You will need a Student Visa in order to study in New Zealand for more than 3 months.

To gain a student visa, you will need an offer of place from an NZQA approved educational institution and evidence of funds to live on while you are studying. If you are under 18 you will also need a written guarantee of suitable accommodation available for the duration of your studies in New Zealand.

Want to come to New Zealand?

We would love to support you in your journey to NZ! Complete the form and one of our licensed immigration advisors will review your application and be in touch.
CCR Group is a dedicated, full-service employment, recruitment and human resource company servicing hundreds of businesses across many countries.
Cross Country Solutions provides outsourcing services to support all our services.

Resource Hub | Contact us: +64 7 974 9101 | Facebook Page | FAQ

© CCR Group Ltd. 2024 – All rights reserved | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Website built by: